The lab facilities include:
• 4 nos of bottle washing units.
• Separate plant Washing Room.
• Separate Plant Packing Room.
• Well equipped Media Preparation Room.
• Bar Coding system for the complete process.
• Plant Growth Room to hold 1 million cultures at a time.
• 4 Plant Inoculation Rooms.
• 14 nos laminar Flow Chambers – 28 seats in all. 5 more to be added.
• Separate unit for new plant initiation/inoculation.
• Sterilising units that can sterilize 2800 bottles of Media at a time.
• Hardening chambers that can hold 200,000 plants.
• Shade house of 1.5 acres. For secondary hardening.
• 1-acre poly house with misting and fogging systems.
Quality Assured Every Time - All the Time
The whole process incorporates quality parameters at each stage of production – right from sourcing the mother plants/cultures to dispatch of ex-agar, in-agar, primary and secondary hardened plants.
• Using ONLY Reputed brands of chemicals.
• Media preparation under strict procedures.
• Bottles and caps used are mechanically cleaned.
• Sterilisation is done as required as sufficient capacity is available.
• Dissection done under strict supervision and regular checks to ensure quality
• Bar Coding system and software to ensure overall control of the protocol including the media, dissection, contamination, the number of cycles, etc.
• Virus indexing is done ONLY at DBT Approved labs to ensure only virus-free materials are multiplied.
• Contamination check protocol is done - on both culture and media - daily on very strict parameters.
• Sterile check of all areas as well as materials used is done regularly.